Friday, was a gorgeous day! And because J had class in the morning, we planned to hit the gym in the afternoon. It was an amazing 60 degrees out. Trust me, I was so tempted to go for a run, but I didn’t. I am still in Phase 1 of the Livefit trainer- NO RUNNING just building. So instead, I decided, it would be a perfect morning, to go shopping in George Town.
I immediately hit up City Sports. I haven’t been to City Sports in forever, and I had forgotten how much I love that store. They have everything. I picked up some weight lifting gloves for both J and I.
There are several benefits of using weight lifting gloves, and I have been wanting to buy a pair ever since I started the Livefit trainer.
The benefits are…
- When wearing weight lifting gloves you protect the hands from calluses that would other wise form after time.
- With weight lifting gloves you are guaranteed to lift to your highest potential, and not bail out of reps or even a whole set do to hand strain.
- Weight lifting gloves protect hands from bacteria and germs that could be lingering on sweaty free weights.
Later that day, I hit up the gym to do Day 19 and 22 of the Livefit trainer. This also gave me the opportunity to put my new weight lifting gloves to the test. They ended up working out great. I love my new gloves.
Phase 1, Week 3, Day 19 -Shoulders and abs
Seated Dumbbell Press - 3 sets 10 reps – (10 lbs)
Rear-Delt Cable Flyes - 3 sets 10 reps (10 lbs)
- Dumbbell Front Raise - 3 sets 10 reps (5 lbs)
- Seated Arnold Press - 3 sets 10 reps ( 10 lbs)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 3 sets 10 reps (5 lbs)
- Crunches - 3 sets 10 reps ( holding plank in between each set for 1 minute.)
- Roman Chair Leg Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps (body weight)
- Oblique Crunches – On The Floor - 3 sets of 10 reps
Phase 1, Week 4, Day 22 – Legs
- Leg Extensions - 3 sets of 10 reps – (40 lbs. Note: I started at 30 lbs now I am at 40lbs. I am getting stronger.)
- Wide Stance Barbell Squat - 3 sets of 10 reps – (20 lb bar, 40 lb weight, total 60 lbs)
- Walking Barbell Lunge - 3 sets of 10 reps – (30 lbs)
- Single-Leg Barbell Deadlift (shown with kettlebell) - 3 sets of 10 reps – ( 15 lbs)
- Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets of 10 reps – (35 lbs)
- Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps – (100 lbs)
- Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets of 10 reps – (90 lbs)
As for the diet – Still eating mainly vegetarian clean meals. Getting tons of protein through beans, eggs, yogurt, and lentils. Trying to drink more water and get 5-6 small meals in daily. I am really excited that this is the last week of Phase 1.
Questions for You…
- Do you wear weight lifting gloves?
- What is in your gym bag?
© 2013 sweatdaily